Celia Lindsell uses the world's finest Lavender to produce her Essential Oil. The Lavender is organically grown on the southern slopes on Mont Ventoux, Provence, France at high altitude which produces the strongest fragrance. It is distilled by hand without cutting corners to produce the finest essential oil possible. Below is a summary of the principal uses of our Pure Essential Lavender Oil.
Medicinal & Relaxation:
Lavender oil is a natural relaxant, it sooths and calms. Add a few drops to a hot bath before going to bed to relax and enjoy a peaceful nights sleep. Mix with a carrier oil for a massage to ease stress and again aid a good night's sleep. Sprinkle a few drops onto your pillow again to help a good nights sleep.
- Cuts, grazes and scars
Lavender is a natural antiseptic and antifungal. With its strong wound-healing properties, organic lavender oil can be used on minor cuts and grazes by dabbing a few drops straight onto the affected area. It can greatly reduce the effects of scarring, massage into the affected are regularly.
- Spots, pimples and skin irritations
Lavender oil is also anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Used neat or added to water or creams, it can cleanse the skin and prevent and heal spots and irritations.
Lavender oil is mildly analgesic and a few neat drops of lavender oil gently massaged onto the temples can help stop a persistent headache.
- Burns and sunburn
Organic Lavender oil is an anti-inflammatory and can be used to cool, relieve and help heal burns and sunburn. A few drops applied to the affected area can do the trick.
- Hair Care Lavender essential oil can be added to shampoo as it can be effective on lice, lice eggs or nits. My sister has always added a couple of drops of lavender oil to her children’s regular shampoo.
Add a few of lavender oil to a hot foot bath and relax while your feet soak in it. The soles of the feet are particularly porous, so lavender reaches your bloodstream very quickly, exerting its stimulating and soothing effects on various systems of your body.
Lavender essential oil has been found to naturally relieve depression as well as reduce anxiety and stress by slowing down brain waves and helping to balance out hormones, reducing cortisol (stress hormone) levels.
Always talk with your doctor before using herbal preparations or altering your medication dosage. Depression is a condition which can be lessened to some degree by the use of Lavender for natural treatment and symptom relief.
For the Home
- Lavender Oil to protect your clothes from moths: Using lavender oil when washing your woollens and linens is a sure way to both rid and deter moths. By using a couple of drops of lavender oil in either the final rinse of a hand wash or in the softener compartment of your clothes washer will ensure you do not attract moths. The essential lavender oil impregnates the fabric fibres with the scent of lavender which moths loathe. The other great benefit is that your wollens and linen smell divine. Keeping dried lavender bags in your wardrobes will also deter the arrival of moths but the above method of using lavender oil is the best way to RID your house of moths once you have them.
- If you have discovered moths in your wardrobe, empty it of all clothing and add a couple of drops of essential lavender oil to a bowl of warm water. Soak a cloth in the oil and water mix and wipe over the interior of the wardrobe taking care to get into corners and wipe over the hinges. Click here to read more about what to do if you find moths in your wardrobe.
- For the Kitchen. Add a few drops to a sponge and wipe over kitchen surfaces to deter flies and leave your kitchen smelling wonderfully fresh and clean.
Around the House
- Using Lavender Oil whilst cleaning the house gives a delightfully fresh and clean scent to your home plus you will benefit from Lavender's calming and relaxing properties. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add a few drops onto your duster and wipe over wooden furniture after polishing. This leaves rooms smelling fresh and clean for days.
- Add a couple of drops to the water before washing the floor. This will leave the room smelling fresh and clean.
- Add a few drops to a sponge and wipe over kitchen surfaces to deter flies and leave your kitchen smelling wonderfully fresh and clean.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE OUR
ESSENTIAL LAVENDER OIL >